Long Term Care
Union County Hospital’s Long Term Care Unit is a 22-bed, Joint Commission accredited and Medicare-certified nursing facility that offers long term care. Long-term care offers medical and non-medical care in a permanent residential setting. Residents may need assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and eating, or ongoing nursing care for a chronic medical condition.
- 24-hour licensed nursing care
- Gastric feeding tube care
- Hospice care
- Long term care
- Wound care
Your care and support team at Union County Hospital Long Term Care includes:
- Activities director
- Certified nursing assistants
- Qualified licensed and registered nurses
- Social Services
Union County Hospital Long Term Care offers semi-private rooms. Residents are encouraged to bring approved items from home to personalize their rooms. We accept Medicaid as well as private pay options.
The staff at Union County Hospital Long Term Care takes a special interest in the social and personal enrichment of our residents.
We offer activities such as:
- Afternoon Movies
- Arts & craft programming
- Birthday parties
- Cooking or baking programming
- Current Events
- Games, jigsaw puzzles, checkers, books, etc.
- Music activities
- Nintendo Wii
- Pet therapy
- Supplies are made available to residents who wish to pursue independent leisure activities
Union County Hospital Long Term Care offers many amenities to our residents including:
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Community volunteer program
- Daily recreational activities
- Flexible scheduling for care plan meetings
- Free Cable/Satellite
- Free Wi-Fi
- Resident parties and socials
- Social services
Meals are prepared under the direction of a registered dietician, with special diet accommodations available. Meals are served in our formal dining room.