Home Sleep Testing
Patients appropriate for Home Sleep Testing include:
- Patients at risk for mild-to-moderate sleep apnea, with snoring and excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Patients who are moderately obese/home-bound
- Patients who require Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) screening for work related purposes
- Patients diagnosed with OSA that need monitoring to assess response to treatments such as Oral Appliance Therapy
- Patients with Erectile Dysfunction Syndrome (EDS)
- Patients whose insurance mandates a HST as the first step in confirming OSA
Patients not appropriate for Home Sleep Testing include:
- Patients at high risk for OSA or Central Sleep Apnea
- Patients that present with other sleep disorders such as Narcolepsy or Parasomnias (night terrors or sleep walking)
- Patients with significant medical conditions that require home oxygen including COPD
- Patients with congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation
- Patients with chronic pain syndrome or a neuromuscular disease
- Children and developmentally disabled patients
Related Services and Conditions
There are more than 80 types of sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, insomnia and restless legs syndrome. We understand that these conditions can significantly affect healthy sleep–and this, in turn, impacts your overall health, safety and quality of life. The...
Getting good rest is essential to having a normal, productive life. Sleeping disorders can affect you at any age and can seriously interfere with your body’s necessary restorative cycles. ’s sleep study program monitors patients’ sleeping...