Beat the Clock and Save in 2022
We understand the end of the year is a very hectic time. But while we look forward to the new, let’s also take stock of how we can improve today — and save!
At Union County Hospital we encourage you to take some time for yourself. Doing so could not only benefit your health, it could even get you more out of your money!
5 Reasons to Take Time for Your Health Before December 31.
Reason 1: If you have an FSA account, don’t let this money go to waste! Schedule your procedures to be completed prior to year-end for this year’s FSA eligibility.
Reason 2: If you need some kind of procedure, or if you’ve been considering some kind of elective surgery, you can recover during your time off over the holidays.
Reason 3: If you’ve met your health insurance deductible, take advantage of that fact. Remember, January 1 you start back at zero!
Reason 4: Physician offices aren’t as busy during November and December so you’re more likely to get an appointment quickly.
Reason 5: Putting off seeing a doctor or having a procedure just isn’t smart. Your good health is a present you give yourself and your loved ones. And in a season of giving, time and health are the greatest gifts.
Suggestions for end-of-year savings:
- Annual physical
- Have you had one in 2022? Make an appointment with a primary care provider.
- Men and women over 45 should have one every 10 years. To schedule a screening close to home call 618-833-2872.
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Bunions? Hammertoe? They can be taken care of relatively easily.
- Gallbladder surgery
- Does everything you eat cause pain? To schedule an appointment 618-833-2872.
- GERD/Heartburn Treatment
- Indigestion not going away with over the counter medication? Maybe it’s time you took the next step. Call 618-833-2872 to schedule an appointment.
- The first step to find out how we can help.
- Hernia repair
- Abdominal Pain is nothing to ignore or put off for later. To schedule an appointment 618-833-2872.
- Mole Removal, Lumps and Bumps
- Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, annual screenings can help prevent a little bump from becoming a big problem. To schedule an appointment 618-833-2872.
- Been putting off a screening MRI or CT scan? Use up that FSA before the end of the year.
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Those aches and pains won’t go away on their own.
- Screening mammogram
- Have you had yours this year? To schedule yours, call 618-833-4511.
- Sleep Study
- Because untreated sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, heart disease, stroke, depression, diabetes and other chronic diseases.
- Wound Care
- For those sores and wounds that just won’t heal. To schedule an appointment call 618-833-1030.
Related Services and Conditions
As we age we can develop a range of lumps and bumps on our face and bodies. These should be assessed to ensure there is no underlying medical condition and to ensure that the lesion is not malignant. Lumps and bumps can be removed for aesthetic purposes once they are...
Considering surgery? Common (and painful) issues like gallbladder problems, hernias, hemorrhoids can often be taken care of with relatively simple surgeries. In most cases, patients can go home the same day the surgery is performed—allowing them to feel better and get...
Breast cancer can affect both women and men. However, women are at more risk. There are 200,000 new cases diagnosed each year. Family history can play a role in developing breast cancer. Screening for breast cancer with a mammogram typically begins at the age of 40....
Colorectal Cancer Screening and Colonoscopy Prep Although colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States, it often goes undetected, according to the American Cancer Society. Symptoms do not usually occur until the disease is advanced and 75%...
Does everything you eat cause pain? If you suffer from pain in the upper right or upper middle part of your stomach after eating it could be your gallbladder causing the issue. The gallbladder is located under the liver, which stores and collects bile produced in the...
Tired of that burning sensation in your chest — particularly at night? Could your painful swallowing, nausea, heartburn be caused by Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)? If you experience a burning sensation in your chest, sometimes spreading to your throat, along...
You don’t have to sit still for hemorrhoids Hemorrhoids are a common issue. In fact, by age 50 about 50% of all people will experience hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids occur when the veins or blood vessels in and around your anus and lower rectum become swollen and...
Hernias can be more than a pain in the side. People of all ages can develop hernias. A hernia is when an internal organ or tissue bulges through an abnormal opening in the body, such as a hole or weakness in the abdominal wall. Hernias can occur at various parts of...